Monitor Audio Platinum PL200 II
84 990 kr
Platinum PL200 II
It’s unlikely you’ll discover a more persuasive speaker than the PL100 II in its price class, but compare the floor-standing PL200 II with its smaller sibling and immediately you’ll notice the effect of four drivers in a larger cabinet.
Such is the quality of Platinum II’s engineering that the character of the sound remains powerfully consistent and expressive, but with the addition of a second 6.5” RDT II driver, the PL200 II’s bass has more weight, while its dedicated 4" RDT II midrange driver brings further definition to vocals and strings.
Through the PL200 II, subtle textures are more vividly described and every note rendered with greater authority. It’s a factor of scale. Platinum II’s class-leading accuracy is a given, you simply need to match it with the size of your room.
- 2 x 6 1/2" RDT II long throw bass drivers
- 4" RDT II mid-range driver
- MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) high frequency transducer designed specifically for Platinum II
- 2 x HiVe II ports
- Patented 'DCF' (Dynamic Coupling Filter) mechanism for more natural sound
- Bespoke speaker terminals and footings
- Underhung, edge-wound voice coils: greater driver efficiency and lifelike dynamics, less distortion
- Bolt through drivers: clearer sound and cleaner aesthetics
- Anti-Resonance Composite (ARC) mid-range housings and baffle components: reduced cabinet vibration, purer sound quality
- TLE (Tapered Line Enclosure) sealed internal enclosure for mid-range drivers: greater sound accuracy and reduced cabinet vibration
- Hand-upholstered front baffle: the very highest quality Inglestone leather supplied by Andrew Muirhead
- Individual driver grilles
- Finish options: Santos Rosewood or Ebony natural wood veneers with clear gloss piano lacquer, or Piano black gloss lacquer
3 Way — 4 Driver
Frequency Response (-6 dB - IEC 268-13)
35 Hz — 100 kHz
Sensitivity ([email protected])
117 dBA (pair)
4 ohms (4.0 ohms min. @ 135 Hz)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
100 — 250 W
Drive Unit Complement
MF/HF: 3.9 kHz
LF/MF: 750 Hz
External Dimensions (Including Plinth and Terminals) (H x W x D))
1015.4 x 380.22 x 407.87 mm
External Dimensions (Including Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))
1051.7 x 380.22 x 407.87 mm
36.08 kg (79 lb 6 oz)
If a pin drops, you’ll hear it. When the orchestra plays, it plays for you, so vividly and with such effortless scale you’ll believe you’re ten rows from the stage. This is the magic of high-end audio as experienced through the Platinum II speakers. Whether it’s a power chord exploding from a towering backline, the majesty of a choir soaring in union or the spell-binding gravity of a solo performance, you’ll sense the chemistry of music and musician more than ever before.
For over forty years our work as engineers and audio enthusiasts has been dedicated to this unveiling. With our most advanced driver, crossover and acoustic systems set within luxurious cabinets, we’ve tuned the virtues that have won Monitor Audio worldwide acclaim to a new intensity, allowing rarefied audio transparency to be revealed and enjoyed. Platinum II is our magnum opus, as inspirational and satisfying to us as we hope it will be to you.