Monitor Audio Platinum PL300 II
104 990 kr
Platinum PL300 II
A further leap in dimension brings still greater rewards in the form of the outstanding PL300 II.
Standing at over a metre in height and designed to move the air in larger listening environments, the PL300 II will energise your listening across an enormous sound stage, magically studded with an abundance of natural detail. Its four driver system involving twin 8" RDT II drivers, 4" TLE loaded midrange and MPD tweeter, captures all the fluid tonal complexity and dynamic richness of each performance on a truly orchestral scale.
Explore the depths and climb to the heights of your music and film favourites with an effortlessness that confirms an inescapable truth: the bigger the Platinum, the more precious the prize.
- 2 x 8" RDT II long throw bass drivers
- 4" RDT II mid-range driver
- MPD (Micro Pleated Diaphragm) high frequency transducer designed specifically for Platinum II
- 2 x HiVe II ports
- Patented 'DCF' (Dynamic Coupling Filter) mechanism for more natural sound
- Bespoke speaker terminals and footings
- Underhung, edge-wound voice coils: greater driver efficiency and lifelike dynamics, less distortion
- Bolt through drivers: clearer sound and cleaner aesthetics
- Anti-Resonance Composite (ARC) mid-range housings and baffle components: reduced cabinet vibration, purer sound quality
- TLE (Tapered Line Enclosure) sealed internal enclosure for mid-range drivers: greater sound accuracy and reduced cabinet vibration
- Hand-upholstered front baffle: the very highest quality Inglestone leather supplied by Andrew Muirhead
- Individual driver grilles
- Finish options: Santos Rosewood or Ebony natural wood veneers with clear gloss piano lacquer, or Piano black gloss lacquer
3 Way — 4 Driver
Frequency Response (-6 dB - IEC 268-13)
28 Hz — 100 kHz
Sensitivity ([email protected])
117.8 dBA (pair)
4 ohms (4.2 ohms min. @ 111 Hz)
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
100 — 300 W
Drive Unit Complement
MF/HF: 3.4 kHz
LF/MF: 500 Hz
External Dimensions (Including Plinth and Terminals) (H x W x D))
1075.4 x 432.4 x 517.83 mm
External Dimensions (Including Feet and Spikes (H x W x D))
1111.7 x 432.4 x 517.83 mm
54.52 kg (120 lb 3 oz)
If a pin drops, you’ll hear it. When the orchestra plays, it plays for you, so vividly and with such effortless scale you’ll believe you’re ten rows from the stage. This is the magic of high-end audio as experienced through the Platinum II speakers. Whether it’s a power chord exploding from a towering backline, the majesty of a choir soaring in union or the spell-binding gravity of a solo performance, you’ll sense the chemistry of music and musician more than ever before.
For over forty years our work as engineers and audio enthusiasts has been dedicated to this unveiling. With our most advanced driver, crossover and acoustic systems set within luxurious cabinets, we’ve tuned the virtues that have won Monitor Audio worldwide acclaim to a new intensity, allowing rarefied audio transparency to be revealed and enjoyed. Platinum II is our magnum opus, as inspirational and satisfying to us as we hope it will be to you.